Sunday, June 25, 2017
Saturday, June 24, 2017
Church of St. Nicholas, Galway
"In 1912, a new organ was ordered from Norman & Beard of Norwich for the sum of £908, half of which was the gift of Mr Andrew Carnegie. A small amount of pipework was incorporated from the old Walker instrument.
This instrument has had many repairs and overhauls (with major work carried out in 1945, 1957-9, 1963, 1977-8 and 1982), during which most of the original tubular pneumatic actions were discarded in favour of electro-pneumatic replacements" (www.stnicholas.ie).